This post is also available in: Nederlands English (Engels)
Kitty’s excited to share her latest podcast interview with Dr. Megan Stubbs, Author, Sexologist, Relationships Expert, and Body Image Specialist.
Megan Stubbs, Ed.D. is a sexologist, relationships expert, and body image specialist. With her degrees in biology and human sexuality, she is able to combine two of her favorite things, science, and sex, into a cohesive platform to impact her audience. She is mindful of inclusion and brings a sensitivity to ethnic diversity rooted in her own complex heritage. She believes that sex should be fun and uses her lighthearted, intelligent, and humorous delivery to make it happen.
I am delighted to share my latest podcast interview that I released recently with Megan Stubbs, Ed.D. Among her many impressive credentials, Megan recently published a fascinating book, “Playing Without a Partner: A Singles’ Guide to Sex, Dating, and Happiness.” It was truly an honor to get to know this amazing human being and have a fascinating and insightful conversation. I have definitely heard many times — even in the year 2021 — that “sex is a taboo topic” and not to be spoken about. I love how Megan has made it her life’s mission to create safe spaces and give others permission to get curious about and — indeed talk about — sex and all of its beauty, nuances, and sheer joy of engaging with and sharing our bodies if we choose to. Megan! I am so delighted that we were able to connect! Your work is a treasure trove of awesome and so needed in this world. I cheer you on, every step of the way!
In this Interview, Megan Talks About…
- When her thirst for knowledge and interest in sex and bodies first began
- How an article in Cosmo inspired her to become a sexologist
- Why her friends have said, “You’re a strange duck, Megan”
- The challenges she faced in moving back to Michigan after grad school
- What happened when she listed her career as a sexologist on her dating app profile
- Why she believes that sex is still taboo in our culture
- How she combined her personal experience and professional knowledge to write her book
- The pros of being single and why it should be celebrated
Tune in with the player above to listen to this fantastic and fascinating podcast episode!