Kitty’s excited to share her latest podcast interview with Martha Kauppi, therapist, author, educator, and speaker.
Martha Kauppi is a therapist, author, speaker, and educator specializing in complex relational therapy, sex issues, and alternative family structures. She trains therapists all over the world and is the author of the groundbreaking new book Polyamory: A Clinical Toolkit for Therapists (and Their Clients).
I am tickled pink to share my latest podcast interview that I released recently with Martha Kauppi. I was initially introduced to Martha by my friend and colleague Kathy Labriola who raved about Martha’s new book, Polyamory: A Clinical Toolkit for Therapists (and Their Clients). I am so glad for the introduction! (Thank you, Kathy!) Martha and I share a lot of the same approaches in our work, and it was truly such a pleasure to meet her and talk about a topic that is important to us both. In our interview where we did indeed both have our cameras on, her joy, enthusiasm, and clear PASSION for her work were just leaping off the screen! I am incredibly excited at this point to dive into my copy, and soak up the wisdom from the pages — as I am a lifelong learner myself! Martha! Thank you so much for ALL that you do, and the beautiful gifts that you are giving to the world so generously! I truly appreciate you, and the fine work you are putting out, serving our community, and those that serve them! So much YES!
In this interview, Martha talks about…
- How being raised by independent thinking parents shaped her views on relationships.
- What happened when her graduate program put forth the message that open relationships don’t work.
- Her philosophy on self-help books.
- Why she wrote her new book, Polyamory: A Clinical Toolkit for Therapists (and Their Clients)
- The importance of knowing yourself when making agreements with someone.
- Why a weak hinge can destabilize an entire polycule.
- The challenges of writing a book when the input keeps coming.
- How relationship skills are more developmental than behavioral.
Tune in to listen to this fantastic and fascinating podcast episode!