Tara explores ways to rewrite negative narratives to embrace and celebrate our sexual selves
At the beginning of every year, we make these promises to ourselves to work towards our best or highest self. Unfortunately, for many of us, this can mean our sex lives fall by the wayside. There can be a subconscious belief in many women that being sexual is “bad,” and therefore, our sexual selves cannot coexist with our highest or most spiritual selves. In this episode, Tara explores some of the reasoning behind our negative connotations surrounding sex and how to replace those beliefs with more positive thoughts.
- Scientific American: https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/the-neurobiology-of-bliss-sacred-and-profane/
- “Becoming Cliterate: Why Orgasm Equality Matters and How to Get It” by Dr. Laurie Mintz
- “Intuitive Loves” by Becky Walsh
- BBC Epigenetics: https://www.bbc.com/future/article/20190326-what-is-epigenetics
- Oxford Research: https://oxfordre.com/americanhistory/display/10.1093/acrefore/9780199329175.001.0001/acrefore-9780199329175-e-55;jsessionid=881DB1C2A5E20CA6BFB2E44A669CE994
- Ms. Magazine: https://msmagazine.com/2010/07/23/what-wasnt-so-great-about-the-1950s-part-ii-sex/